Friday, March 1, 2013

Grants Pass, Oregon

I got a phone call from Elder Shelley's Mission President. He said "that Elder Shelley made it to Oregon save and happy...They are loving his positive attitude and his smile" (a couple of the things that we are missing).

Elder Shelley's first area is going to be in Grants Pass, Oregon
Stan remembers going there as a little boy with his Grandma May to see Aunt Daisy



Me being the mom I am, had to get more information on the area that Elder Shelley will be living.

Grants Pass is 140 miles south of Eugene, Oregon and 60 miles north of the CA boarder. The Population is 34,533 and the Elevation is 948 feet.

I think Atticus is going to love this area.

Grants Pass has its own Stake, 3 Wards...Elder Shelley's will  be in the Murphy Creek Ward and his Bishop will be Bishop Nelson.  His companion will be Elder Aragon (I hope I am spelling that right). His P-days will be on Monday...my new favorite day!!! 
LDS Church in Grants Pass, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment